March 2021 - Prepping your home to sell3/2/2021
March is here, and as the temperature warms up, so does the housing market. If you’re looking to sell, now is the time to take the steps necessary to get ready to list your home. When the listing goes live, you want to make sure your home is ready to show. To get ready to list, take these steps:
- The first and most important step, and one that makes the biggest impact, is to clean. Do a deep clean (floors, walls, windows, bathrooms) to make sure that the home looks and smells its best.
- Remove clutter so that potential buyers can see the home’s features and imagine themselves living there. Organize cupboards and closets to allow potential buyers to see the storage space available.
- If you have funds available for it, a fresh coat of paint goes a long way to increase eye appeal.
- Make any small repairs that have been put on hold, so that doors, windows, faucets, and other “moving parts” of the home are in good working order.
- Replace light bulbs in all fixtures, so that all available light can be put to use to make the home look welcoming and cheerful.
- Increase the home’s curb appeal by making sure the yard is clean, tidy, and well-trimmed.
- Evaluate entrances to make sure they’re clean, uncluttered, and attractive, so that they will make a good first impression on potential buyers.
By taking these simple steps, you can make your home attractive and inviting to potential buyers and move closer to Closing Day.
March is Womens History Month: ”Here’s to strong women. May we know them, may we be them, may we raise them.” -Source Unknown